- Memorandum of cooperation with the Hellenic Society of Paediatric Haematology-Oncology (EEPAO) for funding Greece’s participation in international treatment protocols.
- Operation of our fourth guest-house (8 apartments for adolescents in Cholargos, Athens).
- Event to award bone marrow donors, in partnership with the Centre for Information and Promotion of Voluntary Bone Marrow Donation (KEDMOP).
- Operation of our third guest-house (9 apartments for children who have undergone transplantations).
- Funding commences for tissue typing of bone marrow samples in partnership with KEDMOP, University of Patras.
- Radical refurbishment and donation of equipment to the Agia Sofia Children’s Hospital Radiology and CT/MRI Departments.
- Funding commences for recruiting doctors at the 3 oncology departments, the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit and the Radiotherapy Department of the Agia Sofia and P & A Kyriakou Children’s Hospitals.
- Purchase of 1 additional apartment for the second guest-house.
- Renovation of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Agia Sofia Children’s Hospital.
- Operation of the only Paediatric Radiotherapy Department in Greece at P & A Kyriakou Children’s Hospital.
- Funding commences for Home Care, in partnership with the 3 oncology departments of the Agia Sofia and P & A Kyriakou Children’s Hospitals.
- Purchase of 2 apartments for the second guest-house.
- Repurposing of the ground level of the first guest-house into a classroom.
- Funding for the first Childhood Cancer Registry, at the request of the EEPAO.
- Purchase and radical renovation of 7 small, independent apartments (second guest-house).
- Amendment to the Articles of Association. Only parents of children who have cancer remain as full members of Floga.
- The adult childhood cancer survivors establish their own Association, Kyttaro.
- Radical renovation of the Blood Cancer Department on the ground level of the Agia Sofia Children’s Hospital.
- Funding and medical equipment donations commence for the Agia Sofia and P & A Kyriakou Children’s Hospitals.
- Operation of school commences at the first guest-house (primary, junior and senior high school) with teachers on secondment from the Ministry of Education.
- Operation of first guest-house (23 rooms, play area, common-use kitchen and entertainment areas).
- Completion of architectural designs and construction of first guest-house assigned.
- Amendment to the Articles of Association. Only parents of children who have cancer and the children themselves remain as full members of Floga.
- Floga becomes a founding member of the International Confederation of Childhood Cancer Parent Organizations (ICCCPO) – currently known as Childhood Cancer International (CCI).
- The need to make transplantation a must was highlighted and a comprehensive study on the establishment, organisation and operation of a model Bone Marrow Transplant Unit was prepared.
- Purchase of 2 plots of land, currently housing our first guest-house.
- The need to create a radiotherapy centre for children was highlighted.
- Official opening of the first dedicated Paediatric Oncology Department in Greece, at the P & A Kyriakou Children’s Hospital, supported by Floga.
- Establishment of Floga by parents of children with cancer, doctors and psychologists from the P & A Kyriakou Children’s Hospital.